Motor Vehicle Accidents – No Win – No Fee*
Have you been in an accident? Know your options.
If you have been injured as a result of a motor vehicle accident that was someone else’s fault you may be entitled to damages.
A motor vehicle claim can be made if you were injured:
- As a result of a motor vehicle accident
- If you were hit by a car as a pedestrian or a cyclist OR
- If you are a witness to someone being injured in a motor vehicle accident
The words ‘motor vehicle’ includes accidents that involve trucks, buses, motorcycles, trains and even boats.
Seeking damages or compensation for an injury can be a complex process. Our experienced and dedicated personal injury lawyers excel in this area and we endeavor to reduce the stress of the claims process.
The amount of compensation you may be entitled to will depend on the nature and extent of your injuries. You may be entitled to receive compensation for:
- The amount of time you have had off work due to your injuries
- The loss of wages and/or earnings you may suffer in the future as a result of your injuries
- The cost of medical treatment you have received
- The cost of medical treatment you may need in the future as a result of your injuries
- The cost of help around the home
- In certain circumstances, compensation for pain and suffering (or ‘general damages’).
It is also important to know that there are time limits to make a claim.
If the police did not attend the scene of the accident then you need to report it to the police within 28 days. Additionally, your claim form must be lodged with the green slip insurer of the vehicle at fault within 6 months of the accident and formal proceedings must begin within 3 years of the accident.
These time limits can be extended if there is a good reason, such as you were unaware of your rights, but unreasonable delays can prejudice your claim. Even if you haven’t made a claim within the time periods above we are still able to provide you with advice.
It is important to seek legal representation as quickly as possible.
Contact our team on 4227 6833.